Hooked On Quality
Age 10, group or independent
90 minutes, indoors or outdoors
Evaluate quality in seafood and develop a song, rap or poem
using key quality words.
- The Seafood Review (see appendix)
- Duplicate The Seafood Review and distribute with paper and pencils.
- Announce that each individual should have an eye on quality for health,
safety and good flavor when it comes to seafood.
- Read The Seafood Review individually or as a group.
- Ask individuals to identify five key words for seafood quality
and write them at the top of their papers.
(For example, Refrigeration, Temperature, Storage, Container,
- Discuss the importance of each of the key words as an issue in
- Ask individuals to write a song, rap or poem to emphasize key
points for seafood quality.
- Ask each individual to read or perform the song, rap or poem for
- Ask individuals to share the song, rap or poem with the person
at their home who prepares and buys the food.
- Ask individuals to print the song or poem and place it on their
refrigerators at home.
- Have some of the songs, raps or poems announced over the public
announcement system at school.