Age 9, Group or Independent
45 minutes, indoors or outdoors
- Examine the anatomy and lifestyle of fish.
- California's Golden Seas booklet (see appendix)
- Fishstyle sheet
- How do fish sheet
- pencils or chalkboard and chalk
- poster or transparency and crayons
- Duplicate and distribute Fishstyle and How do fish pages OR
- superimpose the information on a chalkboard, poster or transparency for
- Review California's Golden Seas booklet.
- Discuss the lifestyle and habitats of fish with those of mammals.
- How do they breathe?
- How do they sleep?
- How do you determine a fish's age?
- What do they eat?
- How far do they travel?
- Why is this information important to fishermen and fisherwomen?
- Review what variables affect the lifestyle and habitat of fish.
- Take a trip to an aquarium to study finfish and shellfish.
- Compare the different species.
- Are there flatfish and roundfish?
- Do all shellfish have external shells?