Seafood Safety Headlines
Age 9, Group or Independent
90 minutes, indoors or outdoors
- Summarize seafood safety information and use
safety concepts in a poster or cartoon
- The Seafood Review (see appendix)
- blank 8 1/2" x 11" (or larger) sheets of paper
- crayons, color markers or pencils
- Duplicate The Seafood Review and distribute with paper and markers.
- Read The Seafood Review.
- Discuss seafood safety and quality tips.
- Draw a safety poster or cartoon that illustrates the tips.
- Encourage some of the posters or cartoons to be in Spanish and other
- Display posters in the cafeteria and have other students vote for their
- Develop a ballot and a voting box. Involve foodservice personnel in the