Age 9, Group or Independent
Indoors with kitchen equipment
- Explore the variety of flavorful California seafood by
sampling and creating meals from around the world.
- Two or three 45-minute periods to prepare a Seafood Recipe
- 45 minutes to prepare each recipe provided.
- Recipe treasure chest pattern
- recipe cards
- lightweight cardboard (poster board)
- equipment list
- tape or glue
- color markers and other decorations such as beads, sequins, glitter
- old consumer magazines
- 5 x 7-inch index cards (optional).
- Duplicate treasure chest pattern and recipe cards.
- Distribute materials.
- Construct and decorate seafood recipe treasure chests.
- Have everyone complete a recipe card with a seafood recipe from another
country (seafood pizza, ceviche, seafood taco, cioppino, bouillabaisse,
seafood kabob, etc.) A trip to the library or old consumer magazines from
home might help with this project.
- Duplicate the completed cards so everyuone has a set for the recipe
treasure chest. (The recipes could be glued to index cards or lightweight
- Prepare some of the recipes as a group.
- Make a seafood recipe treasure chest for a gift for Mother's Day, Father's
Day, Christmas, Hanukkah or other holiday.